As the leading Studio City moving company, we understand that your piano is precious to you! We specialize in transporting all types of pianos, from spinets to grand pianos. We move around 200 pianos per year, so we have the knowledge and experience to safely move your prized piano from A to B.
How does the piano move process work?
We will request a detailed description of your piano; the make/model and weight are essential, and pictures are useful. We will ask for a description of your property, including details of inclines, staircases, and elevators on the route to our truck. This will help us ascertain the cost and the appropriate number of movers. We will issue you with a quote and schedule your move on approval!
As highly professional movers, we will arrive at your location on time, working respectfully and diligently, taking the time to properly protect your piano with blankets and plastic wrapping. Piano legs and movable parts will be removed and wrapped. All tools and equipment will be supplied by us to ensure the protection of your home and instrument. Piano moves require specialist teams and techniques; trust in Studio City Movers to take care of your piano during every stage of your move!
If a piano is part of a general move, there is a surcharge. We have a separate pricing structure for piano-only moves.
Cost of Piano Moving (off-peak days only)
- Spinet, Studio Piano, flat surface: $400 (2 Movers)
- Spinet, Studio Piano, 4-10 step stairs: $500 (3 movers)
- Grand Piano, Full Upright, flat surface: $450 (3 movers)
- Grand Piano, Full Upright, 4-10 step stairs: $600 (4 movers)
* Piano moving rates include up 3 hours of moving, and a total of 50 miles traveling from our warehouse to pick-up, to drop-off and back to our warehouse.